What are Muscle Activation Techniques® ?
- MATs® are a revolutionary and non-invasive approach to the assessment and correction of muscular imbalances/joint instability that leads to pain, dysfunction, and limited mobility.
- It is a non-invasive technique, that is designed to balance your muscular system in order for it to function with maximum efficiency at all times.
What are the Benefits?
- It helps athletes of any level to prevent injuries.
- Reduces pain, tightness, spasms and cramping caused by muscle inhibition.
- Speeds up recovery from minor injuries right through to post surgical trauma.
- Improves your range of motion and increases the force tolerance of your muscles.
- Restores joint stability.
How MAT® works?
- First we do a range of motion assessment. This is followed by muscle testing to identify which of your muscles have decreased contractile capabilities.
- Precise palpation forces are applied to restore neuromuscular efficiency in those particular muscles.
- Then we reassess the situation in order to confirm the increased communication between the muscle and brain.