What are Muscle Activation Techniques® ?
- MATs® are a revolutionary and non-invasive approach to the assessment and correction of muscular imbalances/joint instability that leads to pain, dysfunction, and limited mobility.
- It is a non-invasive technique, that is designed to balance your muscular system in order for it to function with maximum efficiency at all times.
What are the Benefits?
- It helps athletes of any level to prevent injuries.
- Reduces pain, tightness, spasms and cramping caused by muscle inhibition.
- Speeds up recovery from minor injuries right through to post surgical trauma.
- Improves your range of motion and increases the force tolerance of your muscles.
- Restores joint stability.
How MAT® works?
- First we do a range of motion assessment. This is followed by muscle testing to identify which of your muscles have decreased contractile capabilities.
- Precise palpation forces are applied to restore neuromuscular efficiency in those particular muscles.
- Then we reassess the situation in order to confirm the increased communication between the muscle and brain.
“I just want to say that I have been pretty much unable to walk more than a block without pain for over years. I had two sessions with Tyler and I already have relief. He is manipulating muscles that I haven’t used in years and teaching me techniques to help me get back to a strong and healthy place. I can totally feel the difference when I walk around.
He also explained some things I can be doing every day to help and talked about the right kinds of shoes to help me achieve my goals. I look forward to our next meeting and I encourage anyone with pain or other muscle issues to contact him for an evaluation.
He is very knowledgeable about muscles and the whole body. Thank you Tyler!”
– Anna D.